Just for One Guacamole
You don't have to be a football fan to enjoy the fingers foods of the season. From chicken wings to pigs in blankets, these finger food recipes, adjusted for one, can be enjoyed all year round!
¼ cup red onion, diced.
2 sprigs cilantro
¼ medium sized tomato, diced.
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/8 teaspoon lemon juice, optional
1. Scoop out meat of avocado and mash until smooth in a medium size bowl with a fork.
2. Add remaining ingredients and fold in gently - leaving some small chunks is fine.
3. Taste and adjust seasoning with more pepper, salt and lemon juice if desired.
4. Serve with 1 snack size bag of tortilla chips. Just for One Blue Cheese Dip
3/4 teaspoon vegetable oil
1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon shallots
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
3 tablespoons sour cream
1 ounces blue cheeseInstructions
1. Heat oil in saucepan over medium-low heat. Add shallots. Cover and cook until shallots are deep golden brown, stirring occasionally. Let cool.
2. Whisk together mayonnaise and sour cream in medium bowl to blend. Add blue cheese. Mash mixture until smooth with rubber spatula. Stir in caramelized shallots.
3. Season dip to taste with salt and pepper. Cover dip and refrigerate until flavors blend, about 2 hours. Serve with fresh cruditees or chicken wings, recipe follows.
Just for One Chicken Wings
4 chicken wings
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
1 tablespoon butter
2 1/4 teaspoons hot sauce
1 1/8 teaspoons cider vinegar
1. In large deep heavy kettle heat 6 cups oil until a deep-fat thermometer registers 380° F. Just before oil reaches 380°F, pat dry chicken wings. Carefully lower wings into oil and fry, stirring occasionally, until cooked through, golden, and crisp, 5 to 8 minutes. With a slotted spoon transfer wings to paper towels to drain.
2. In a medium skillet melt butter over moderately low heat and stir in hot sauce, vinegar, and salt to taste. Add grilled or fried wings and toss to coat. 3. Serve chicken wings warm or at room temperature with dressing and celery sticks.
Just for One Pigs in a Blanket
1 egg yolk
1 beef frank
Puff-pastry sheets, defrostedInstructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In bowl, beat the egg yolk with a little bit of water.
3. Wrap one sheet of pastry around hot dog and remove excess dough.
4. Place the wrapped hot dogs on a cookie sheet and brush them with the beaten egg yolk.
5. Bake until golden, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven, push a stick into each hot dog, and serve warm with mustard or ketchup for dipping.