5 “EX”-treme Getaways to Help You Get Over a Breakup
|If you’ve been or get dumped in December, you’ve just qualified for one of the largest singles clubs. That’s because year after year the two week period leading up to Christmas is the most popular time for relationship breakups. If you’re one of this season’s casualties, treat yourself to a getaway and give yourself something to look forward to now or in the New Year!
1. Sweat Out Your Anger: The best revenge you can get after a breakup is looking even hotter than you did before. The good news is that bootcamp is hot, pilates is not, according to a new survey forecasting fitness trends for 2012. So instead double-dipping into the cookie jar, spend a week or long weekend getting your butt into better than ever gear. There are co-ed or same sex fitness programs where you can spend your time training, conditioning and tanning, all listed on Bootcampfinder.com.
2. Cruise to A Special Place: A little time at sea will help put things in perspective and give you something to which to look forward. MSC Cruises has slashes rates for solo travelers this winter on voyages in the Mediterranean. Plan one of two 14-night back-to-back Mediterranean cruise itineraries next year and price starts at $1708 a cabin – or $122 a night. The seven-night cruise begins and ends in Venice, visiting such fascinating ports as Dubrovnik, Istanbul and Izmir. A coach transfer from Venice to Genoa follows for the second leg to Barcelona, Tunis, Malta’s Valletta, Messina, and Civitavecchia (Rome).
3. Play Out New Fantasies on the Slopes: Want to revive your inner flirt? Try some cold weather sport and some après ski with strangers in front of a blazing fire. Ski Divas is an outlet operated by Jessica Baker which offers ski clinics and workshops for women in places like La Grave, France / March 4-10, 2012 and Stretch the Limits, Jessica Baker Signature Camp Jackson Hole Mtn Resort, WY / February 15 and 16, 2012. For a co-ed experience be sure to check out Best Single Travel which has outdoor excursions planned for Winter Park, Colorado (January 19-25), Jackson Hole, Wyoming (February 20-26) and Lake Tahoe, Nevada March 11-17.
4. Ride Out the Wave – Want to find some calm amidst or at the end of the emotional storm? Get your body on a surf board and gain confidence by conquering your fears. New to the Caribbean is Swell Surf Camp, located on the North coast of the Dominican Republic, right in the surfer town of Cabarete – a budget-friendly retreat that offers spinning and yoga options as part of your package.
5. Drink Your Way to Recovery – Instead of feeling sorry for yourself and binging on booze like the sorry soul in Sideways, plan a controlled bender in a remote spot where you can sip slowly on wines and reclaim your carefree spirit. These days there are hundreds of tasting trips and packages available so your best bet is to search for key words in Google “wine tasting packages + Italy.”